Home Remedy Cough
Most coughs will subside on their own within 7 to 10 days but it always feels better if you can do something to relieve the tickle and make your cough more productive.
Here are 10 different home remedies you can try to stop a cough.
1) Crush together 3 peppercorns, a few black cumin seeds and a few grains of rock salt. Take a pinch of this mixture three times a day.
2) Hot milk with honey is a good bedtime drink and will help you sleep as well.
3) Boil a mug of water. Add 2 oz (50g) fresh grated ginger and honey or sugar to taste - start with around one tablespoon. Simmer for 30 minutes Drink it hot. Sip it twice a day. It is very effective to stop a cough.
4) Take a tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of powdered cinnamon. Put the mixture in a jar. Shake the jar/bottle before using and take a teaspoon 4 times a day.
5) Warm a cup of milk. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and stir thoroughly. Do this twice a day.
6) Mix half a teaspoon of tulsi juice with half a teaspoon of ginger juice. Add 1 teaspoon of honey. Take this 2-3 times a day.
7) A simple dry cough remedy is to mix half a teaspoon of honey with half a teaspoon of lemon juice. Take this 3 to 4 times a day.
8) Mix 8 - 10 tablespoons of coconut milk with 1 tablespoon poppy seed (powdered) and 1 tablespoon of pure honey. Take this every night before going to bed. This remedy is a very good home remedy for coughs.
9) Garlic-onion-chicken soup is an effective remedy for coughs. Take it steaming hot, to give relief to irritation in throat.
10) My own personal natural cough medicine is here. It’s a simple mixture but very effective.
These pages will also be of interest to you - click on the photosThe Herb Guide › Herbal Remedies › Home Remedy Cough