As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Home Remedy Cough
Most coughs will subside on their own within 7 to 10 days but it always feels better if you can do something to relieve the tickle and make your cough more productive.
Here are 10 different home remedies you can try to stop a cough. They are ones contributed by readers of The Herb Guide.
You can try a sample lesson to help you decide if the Herbal Academy of New England is the right choice for you - click the link below.Preview Lesson from the Introductory Herbal Course
1) Crush together 3 peppercorns, a few black cumin seeds and a few grains of rock salt. Take a pinch of this mixture three times a day.
2) Hot milk with honey is a good bedtime drink and will help you sleep as well. It's a warming, soothing drink.
3) In a pan, put one pint (1/2 litre) water. Add 1/2 oz (15 g) fresh grated ginger and simmer for 20 minutes. Add honey to taste - or sugar if you prefer. Drink this hot twice a day - you can save half in the fridge and warm gently in the microwave or in a pan on the stove top. Make the recipe fresh every day. If you don't have fresh ginger, you can substitute dried, about one teaspoon will be enough. Ginger and honey are very effective at stopping a cough.
4) Take a tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of powdered cinnamon. Put the mixture in a jar. Shake the jar/bottle before using and take a teaspoon 4 times a day.
5) Warm a cup of milk. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and stir thoroughly. Do this twice a day.
6) Mix half a teaspoon of tulsi juice with half a teaspoon of ginger juice. Add 1 teaspoon of honey. Take this 2-3 times a day.
7) A simple dry cough remedy is to mix half a teaspoon of honey with half a teaspoon of lemon juice. Take this 3 to 4 times a day.
8) Mix 8 - 10 tablespoons of coconut milk with 1 tablespoon poppy seed (powdered) and 1 tablespoon of pure honey. Take this every night before going to bed. This remedy is a very good home remedy for coughs.
9) Garlic-onion-chicken soup is an effective remedy for coughs. Take it steaming hot, to give relief to irritation in throat.
10) My own personal natural cough medicine is here. It’s a simple mixture but very effective.
The information on this website is in no way intended as medical advice and nor should it be taken as such.
If symptoms don't improve, consult your doctor.
If you have a medical condition, you must consult a Herbal Practitioner or a Medical Doctor.
If you are pregnant, you must consult your doctor or nurse before trying any herbal remedy.
If you are already taking pharmaceuticals, then speak to your doctor about taking herbs - some drugs react badly with herbs and you need to know that you are not going to do more harm than good.
These pages will also be of interest to you - click on the photos
I may receive a commission if you purchase something mentioned in this post. See more details here This will not affect the amount you pay.